Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Food thoughts

Feeling a bit of a struggle these past two weeks.  All the festivities surrounding Hannah's birthday and the kids being home for spring break and then Easter has me having a few more 'cheat' days than I would like. 

I read something from Isabele at Beyond Diet the other day... if you blow it, take the next few days and do a sort-of detox.  No flour, dairy, or sugar...drink more water than normal and walk more.  Today was supposed to be the start of that, but the temptation of some Easter bread got to me and I had three pieces, argh!!  It was not whole grain and was full of sugar.  Not to mention I was in a weird mental place the past few days due to an over indulgence of sugar both Saturday and Sunday.  I need to get ahold of my sugar intake again.

So, tomorrow will start my mini-detox and I will be giving up wheat and sugar for two days and drinking extra water/tea. 

As far as excercise goes, I have taken up running!  Yes, it is as shocking to me as anyone.  I regularly go 2-2.5 miles and have made it as far as 3 running with another mile walk!  I am still aiming for 6 days of movement per week and am now looking for at least 30 minutes each day with something more intense than walking around the block. 

Weight is holding steady. Somewhere between 144 and 146 each weigh-in... although I am giving myself a few days to recoup from the scale from this past week.  I am going to make a goal of 140 by the end of May.  I really do think I can push through this plateau and get there by really being mindful of my portions and wheat-related items. 

I need to get more veggies in the house tomorrow and focus on some plant-based meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment