Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weight Loss thoughts...

Last week I was feeling pretty good.  I *thought* my weight was down to the lowest it had been, but it turns out that I might have had scale sabatoge...there was a piece of fabric under one side of the scale foot that caused it to read differently, boo!  Even so, I did have lower-than-normal real readings putting me down between 9 and 13 pounds on any given day.  Success considering I was at a plateau and feeling frustrated about two weeks ago. 

[I am promising myself that my next post will explain my current eating "guidelines"...not exactly rules, but something I am striving to stick to.] 

I am feeling a little hungry this week compaerd to last week.  Last week I felt satisfied with my food intake and was not having/barely having the afternoon cravings.  This week they are back a little, although not anything like the ravenous sugar addict cravings I would have in the afternoons before.  I am trying to make a point of eating something plant-based and non-sugary when I do feel hungry...an apple, carrots, nuts, or a little trail mix that John made last week.  I did break into my frozen stash of 'healthy' oatmeal cookies yesterday. 

I can totally tell when I have had sugar or white flour, the crash afterward is terrible.  It is bad enough for me to think twice and avoid those foods when possible. 

My new normal is to allow a little wiggle room in my eating on Friday and Sunday nights.  It's like a conditioned response to the day.  I start craving different foods than during the week.  Although the feeling afterward is pretty blech! 

No comments:

Post a Comment